CAD Technician II: ( Greenville, SC )
The purpose of this classification is to perform professional level AutoCAD drafting and design with general supervision for water, wastewater, and civil site design projects of a varied nature in an effort to meet the needs of our clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Creates a variety of drawings that accurately repress`ent the location of proposed and/or existing infrastructure projects.
- Performs related CAD work, such as preparing permits, and coordinating work with engineers, contractors and clients as needed.
- Maintains complete and accurate job files.
- Receives, reviews, prepares and/or submits various records and reports including engineering drawings,CAstep job files, material lists, as-builts, inspection reports, locate orders, survey notes, test orders and results, permits, etc.
- Works with other professional and technical staff to plan, coordinate, organize, review, and complete assigned projects.
- Ensures that all applicable codes and permit conditions are met in design and layout of assigned projects.
- Develops full understanding of Company procedures and standards
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other related duties as required.
- An Associate’s Degree in CAD drafting and design, supplemented by four (4) years of professional level CAD drafting and design experience in the civil site design, specifically water and wastewater engineering field, preferably in an engineering firm, is required; or possession of any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Excellent technical skill and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are imperative to success in this position.
- Must be proficient in and have working level experience with Autodesk Civil 3D with Civil Site Development experience as a plus. Must possess and maintain a valid South Carolina driver’s license.