Engineering Project Manager: ( Birmingham, AL )
GMC is actively seeking an Engineering Project Manager with experience designing and managing both public and private development work. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of various types of engineering projects, including budgeting, proposing, billing, design and managing staff assigned to the project. This position will be located in our Birmingham, Ala., office.
Required skills and responsibilities include:
- Experience in both municipal and private development projects.
- Thorough understanding of CADD software, in particular AutoCADD and Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of other design software relative to hydraulic/hydrographic studies and water / sewer modeling.
- Broad general knowledge of engineering principles and the design process.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements to produce a complete set of finished construction documents, including plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of codes, design industry standards and construction practices.
- Understanding of technical requirements needed in the design of a project.
- Understanding of how various disciplines are integrated in a project.
- Ability to work on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
- Knowledge of entire project process development/scoping, design construction.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and formulate and solve problems.
- Understanding of economic and decision analysis principles in areas including financial, regulatory and environmental issues.
- Assign tasks to and direct engineers, technicians and administrative staff
- Prepare scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments.
- Assist with or develop proposals to provide professional services.
- Independently perform most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected.
- Interact with clients, customers, public officials, contractors, the general public and others.
- Attend project meetings and present specific aspects of engineering assignment.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and continuous improvement with decision making, time management and delegation.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- 6+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET program
- Professional engineer certification required