Electrical Designer: ( Montgomery, AL )
GMC is seeking an Electrical Designer for the Montgomery, Alabama office. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing firm that will offer unlimited growth potential.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will enhance their engineering and design efforts working on a wide range of architectural projects for both public and private sector clients.
- Design responsibilities include design of power distribution, lighting, lighting controls, fire alarm, and telecommunication systems including security, television, audio/visual, intercom, PA, etc.
- Must be able to meet appropriate design standards, project & client requirements, and all applicable codes (NEC, IBC, Ashrae 90.1).
- Completing design tasks within budget and on schedule while effectively communication with project manager, Sr. Electrical Engineer, and support staff to complete work efficiently.
- Be available and competent to visit job sites to conduct surveys, assessments, and field inspections.
- Minimum of five years of related experience developing electrical design plans and specifications for architectural type projects.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical systems along with an understanding of mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Strong quality assurance skills, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Comprehensive knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Products. Proficient knowledge of BIM/REVIT and SKM software are a plus.