Engineering Project Manager: ( Montgomery, AL )
GMC is actively seeking an Engineering Project Manager. The successful candidates will be responsible for managing all aspects of various types of private development or municipal engineering projects, which will include budgeting, proposal preparation, billing, design and managing staff assigned to the project.
Required Skills and responsbilites include:
- Manage engineering sub consultants with close control of scope, schedule and budget ensuring the profitability of projects.
- Oversee the technical aspects of project design, procuring engineered components, ensuring internal/external review and compliance with the required specifications.
- Interact with clients to identify changes in project scope and terms and conditions to secure appropriate change orders affecting scope, schedule and budget.
- Coordinate appropriate information flow and activities among design engineers to insure proper and smooth execution of project process.
- Coordinate document control, requests for information, billing and change order management according to project parameters.
- Provide ongoing support to project personnel by regularly communicating with project team members to ensure schedule data and changes are accurately interpreted and accounted
- Have experience in a variety of private development and/or municipal infrastructure design projects.
- Have a thorough understanding of CAD software, in particular AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing
- PE license required
- Thorough knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- 6 + years
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET Program
Licensure and Certification:
- Professional Engineer Certification Required