Engineering Project Manager: ( Savannah, GA )
GMC is actively seeking an Engineering Project Manager who has experience designing and managing water and wastewater work. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of various types of engineering projects, which will include budgeting, proposing, billing, design and managing staff assigned to the project. He or she will be located in our Savannah, Georgia office.
Required skills set and responsibilities include:
- Experience in both municipal water and wastewater projects.
- Thorough understanding of CADD software, in particular AutoCADD and Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of other design software relative to hydraulic/hydrographic studies and water/sewer modeling.
- Broad general knowledge of engineering principles and the design process.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements to produce a complete set of finished construction documents, including plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of codes, design industry standards and construction practices.
- Understands technical requirements needed in the design of a project.
- Understands how various disciplines are integrated in a project.
- Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
- Knowledge of entire project process development/scoping, design construction.
- Analyzes and interprets data and formulates and solves problems.
- Understands economic and decision analysis principles in area including financial, regulatory and environmental issues.
- Assigns tasks and directs engineers, technicians and administrative staff
- Prepares scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments.
- Assists with and/or develops proposals to provide professional services.
- Independently performs most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected.
- Interacts with clients, customers, public officials, contractors, the general public and others.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignment.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and continuous improvement with decision making, time management and delegation.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- 6+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET program
- Professional engineer certification required