Engineering Project Manager: ( Greenville, SC )
GMC is actively seeking a professional engineer to manage water and/or wastewater treatment infrastructure projects. The position will be based out of the firm’s Greenville, S.C., office.
Primary Job Function:
- Functions as a technical specialist in water and/or wastewater treatment
- Serve as a project manager with design capabilities and oversight for water and/or wastewater treatment infrastructure projects
- With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods
- Expands knowledge and skills set in area of discipline; may start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineering Standards: Continues to learn, remains current and applies independent knowledge and interpretation of design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and relative to assigned tasks.
- Quality/Continuous Improvement: Consistently and independently applies knowledge and complies with quality relative to assigned tasks. Provides guidance and direction to others from the same project and discipline. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Engineering Production: Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables. Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles. Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements. Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments. Is responsible for one or more of the following: overseeing collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work; leading smaller production teams; and serving as the responsible person for a project.
- Project Coordination: Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on all projects.
- Client Focus: Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on projects. Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work. May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
- Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Has an in-depth knowledge of an engineering process and/or of technical aspects of the water and/or wastewater treatment industry. Designs a complete project within an assigned practice area(s).
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years related work experience
- PE license required
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Client focused and results driven
- Quality decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively build and manage a team; conflict management skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan, delegate and direct others
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Salary commensurate with experience.