Healthcare Architectural Intern: ( Birmingham, AL )
Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood, Inc. (GMC) a regional multi-discipline architecture and engineering firm with over 350 employees and 15 offices across 4 states, is actively seeking a responsible and motivated full-time Architectural Intern in our Birmingham, Alabama office. GMC Birmingham is a multidiscipline office comprised of architects and engineers. The Healthcare department focuses on master planning, hospital design, medical office buildings, and wellness. The Architectural Intern will provide support to the lead architect as well as the design and production team.
Required Skills and responsibilites include:
- Assisting in the development of design concepts and presentations using Sketch-UP or Revit and production of construction documents using Revit.
- The ability to research and develop an understanding of codes, materials, and means and methods of construction.
- Candidate will receive close supervision on assignments, and general review of all aspects of work, and must interact well with staff, the general public, clients and contractors.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- B.Arch or M.Arch degree
- 1 - 3 years of architectural office experience (preferred)
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong organizational and technical skills
- REVIT, Word, Excel & Photoshop experience
- Capable of adapting and open to new ideas
- Strength and flexibility to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- High level of motivation
- Creativity and attention to detail
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.