Inspector: ( Birmingham, AL )
GMC is actively seeking a full-time Inspector to work in our Birmingham office.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for observing the progress and quality of construction projects
- Serves as engineer’s liaison with contractor
- Reviews pay requests, submittals, field tests and attends progress meetings
- Conducts on-site observations of contractor’s work to assist in determining if the work is proceeding in accordance with contract documents
- Understands plans and specifications and the general conditions of contracts
- Understands regulatory requirements from agencies as ADEM, ALDOT, railroads, traffic control, roadway, etc.
- Must be concrete certified
- Produces clear and concise records and daily reports in accordance with company procedures
- Produces daily reports and handles project closeout paperwork
- Assist in coordination of work from engineers, surveyors, environmental personnel, technicians, etc.
- Acts as directed by and under supervision of the engineer
- Will generally communicate with clients with the knowledge and under the direction of engineer
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignment
- 3 to 5 years
- ALDOT experience
- Concrete Certification
- Traffic Control Certification
- High School Diploma