Project Manager: ( Mobile, AL )
GMC is actively seeking a full-time Project Manager in our Mobile, Alabama office. The Project Manager’s role includes overseeing timely and profitable completion of one or more projects. He or she will coordinate the work of the project team, consult with clients, participate in design, technical decisions, preparation of contract documents, coordinate bidding and award, coordinate with reviewing agencies, construction administration coordination project closeout, coordinate project schedules and coordinate staff assignments
The primary role of the Project Manager is to manage assigned architectural projects through preliminary design, construction document production, bidding and construction to ensure that the client’s goals are satisfied on time and within budget while obtaining project internal profitability goals. He/she serves as the primary contact for project assignments ensuring clear and concise information flow.
- Overall skills and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate client desires/needs in order to develop design that meets client’s goals.
- Generate, produce, and coordinate construction documents and specifications for project.
- Communicate information with clients and project team members/consultants to ensure goals are met.
- Meet with contractors to convey building design intentions, resolve problems and answer questions.
- Coordinate with engineering consultants regarding design and interaction of systems.
- Must be results oriented, able to manage projects with a high degree of technical complexity from start to finish, and know where to find answers for all technical issues.
- Understand research and apply federal, state and local building codes, planning and zoning regulations and standard design practices to project; assess code requirements to ensure project meets health and safety requirements.
- Develop schedule(s) for project throughout the document stage, as well as internal budget(s) for production of project(s) to ensure meeting project(s) deadlines and profit.
- Manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines, ensuring value to clients by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality with CFP’s needs and priorities.
- Research and document new products and cutting edge technologies, as well as present value added recommendations to clients and internal staff with the understanding of cost and quality.
- Stay abreast of current trends for facility development, encompassing design and implementation of technologies for increased productivity and efficiency of high-output methods for these facilities.
- Keep files and project documentation in order per office standards.
- LEED registration preferred
- Architect License Preferred
- Minimum 10 years similar experience architecture firm and project management required.
- Must be knowledgeable, skilled, and proficient in AutoCAD and or Revit.
- Must have an understanding of the requirements and function of commercial project types.
- Must be able to listen and communicate effectively.
- Must be a self-starter, team player and able to establish good working relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, team members, and other employees.
- Must be able to perform work related travel and hold a valid driver’s license.
Salary: Open, commiserate with experience