Senior Project Architect: ( Huntsville, AL )
GMC is actively seeking a full-time Senior Project Architect in our Huntsville, Ala., office. The Senior Project Architect’s role includes overseeing timely and profitable completion of one or more projects. He or she will coordinate the work of the project team, consult with clients, participate in design, technical decisions, preparation of contract documents, coordinate bidding and award, coordinate with reviewing agencies, construction administration coordination project closeout, coordinate project schedules and coordinate staff assignments with Project Resource Manager.
Candidate’s skills and experience should include, but are not limited to, the following attributes:
- Ability to assess challenges quickly, and render timely decisions that are thorough and accurate.
- Ability to function effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work on and /or manage multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
- Ability to direct different design teams through the different phases of design and construction.
- Ability to design a complete project, system component or process.
- Analyzes and interprets data, and formulates and solves problems.
- Assigns project specific tasks to and directs architects, technicians and administrative staff with project manager.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtains funding for architectural projects or programs.
- Assists project manager in managing clients’ expectations.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of architectural assignment.
- Demonstrates th