Survey CADD Technician and/or Licensed Surveyor-in-Training: ( Birmingham, AL )
Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood, Inc. (GMC) is seeking an experienced Survey CADD Technician and/or a Licensed Surveyor-in-Training. The Position will be located in the GMC Birmingham Office. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional wishing to obtain his PLS registration as he will be working under the direction of a seasoned PLS.
- Post process field data from survey crews including GPS data, conventional survey data, and general survey notes and information obtained from field crews.
- Verify the accuracy of surveys including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Use Autocad Civil 3d to produce drawings which include Digital Terrain Models, land features, and utility information.
- Reduce Level notes taken by field crews.
- Maintain digital files from data collected by survey crews.
- Research legal records obtained from courthouse records (on-line and probate offices) to obtain information about property boundaries of property to be surveyed.
- Develop maps and coordinate data to be used by survey crews for construction staking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geomatics/Surveying or four years of progressive experience as a survey CADD technician.
- AUTOCAD Civil 3d expertise especially in the surveying area of point data and manipulation.
- Survey Field Experience preferred not required.
- Microsoft proficiency especially in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Have a broad knowledge of the work flow from the initial post processing of field data to the final product of a finished survey drawing.
- Have the ability to evaluate, select, and apply standards, techniques, procedures and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with a few complex features.
- Receive general supervision on assignments and general review of all aspects of work, but complete the specific tasks assigned effectively, efficiently and independently.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement with initiative, adaptability, quantity and quality of work
- Possess basic oral and written communication skills
- Interact well with staff
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Experience: 4+ years or LSIT
Education: Technical School / Community College / or BS in Geomatics
Licensure and Certification: None Required. LSIT Preferred
AutoCAD knowledge and proficiency is required
Salary will be commensurate with capabilities